Title: Oregon Law Student Zoom Check-Ins – South Asian Bar Association (SABA) of Oregon: Networking in a Pandemic
About: Please join the Oregon affinity bar associations as they host a series of Zoom check-in meetings with Oregon law students on various law and law-practice related topics.
At this second Zoom meeting, the South Asian Bar Association (SABA) of Oregon and various practitioners will discuss how the pandemic has changed communication and hiring in different work settings and the dos and don’ts for law student networking.
- Big Law – Ivan Resendez Gutierrez – Attorney at Miller Nash
- Small-Mid Law – Vivek Kothari – Trial attorney at Markowitz Herbold PC
- In-House – Rose Alappat – Legal Counsel at Adidas
- Public Interest – Kimberly Stuart – Sr. Assistant County Counsel at Washington County Counsel’s Office and Maya Crawford Peacock – Executive Director at Campaign for Equal Justice
- Judiciary – United States Magistrate Judge Mustafa T. Kasubhai
- Solo Practice – Sunny Kakwani – Partner at As Your Counsel
- Somya Kaushik, Attorney, Immix Law Group – President South Asian Bar Association (SABA) of Oregon
Order of Event:
4:00 pm PST – Panel Introductions
4:10 pm PST – Questions for Larger Group
5:00-5:20 pm PST – Breakout Sessions with questions
5:20-5:40 pm PST – Switch Breakout Sessions
5:40 – 6:00pm PST – Switch Breakout Sessions
6:00 pm PST – Reconvene with Large Group, Summary, Takeaways and Close
Date: September 30, 2020
Time: 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Location: Join Zoom Meeting- email Cassondra for Zoom link.