Join us for this CLE followed by special recognition event for judges.
Road to the Bench: Judges Share Their Stories- 2:00 -3:00 p.m.
- Judge Raymond D. Crutchley, Deschutes County Circuit Court
- Judge Mustafa Kasubhai, U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- Judge Angel Lopez, Multnomah County Circuit Court
- Judge Melvin Oden-Orr, Multnomah County Circuit Court
- Justice Adrienne Nelson, Oregon Supreme Court
- Moderator: Professor Jeffrey Jones, Lewis & Clark School of Law
Closing the Gavel Gap: Why Diversity on the Bench Is Important & How to Make It Happen- 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Justice Lynn Nakamoto, Oregon Supreme Court
- Professor Erik Girvan, University of Oregon School of Law
- Judge Ben Souede, Multnomah County Circuit Court
- Judge Jolie Russo, U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- Moderator: Judge Fey Stetz-Waters, Linn County Circuit Court
Special Recognition of Judges: 4:00 p.m. -followed by reception
The OSB Diversity Section will be presenting a special recognition to seven judges representing diversity on the bench at an event on January 8, 2019. We invite you to join us in recognizing judges from the Oregon Circuit Court, Oregon Supreme Court and US District Court of Oregon. We will be honoring Judges Melvin Oden-Orr (Multnomah County), Raymond Crutchley (Deschutes County), Rafael Caso (Polk County), Andrew Lavin (Multnomah County), Jolie Russo (United States Magistrate Judge), Mustafa Kashubai (United States Magistrate Judge, and Justice Adrienne Nelson (Orgon Supreme Court).
Kindly RSVP for the reception so that we can provide refreshments to those who attend the celebration. There will be an opportunity to meet and greet after a short presentation.
The recognition event will be at 4:00 PM on February 8, 2019 at the Mark O Hatfield Courthouse immediately following the CLE. Allow extra time to proceed through courthouse security.
Location: the Jury Assembly Room at the Hatfield federal courthouse in Portland. CLE from 2-4pm with reception to follow.
CLE: Register here
- Free for judges and students, but registration required (register here)
- $15 for OSB Diversity Section/OWLS members
- $30 for non-members
- no charge, but RSVP required (RSVP here)
Want to attend the CLE, but finding cost prohibitive? Email Linda to apply for an OWLS Foundation scholarship to the event: firstname.lastname@example.org.